Sorry for the late update – I intended on getting this one done earlier.
Now that I’ve been working on Infidemia a bit more to fix glitches in order to test gameplay mechanics, like with combos giving three turns instead of two, and forgetting about debug features I left in (if there was a demo… that would have broken everything), there’s more to fix than I thought.
However – I also decided to bring back some unused content, meaning that resources I made for the game a while ago but didn’t know what to do with will now be used… in some way!
This week’s updates:
- Editing a dungeon tileset, particularly for one specific floor of the game’s main dungeon
- Fixing some weird combo issues (100% Heart Gauge every turn, one extra turn, unclear who gets to use combo-specific ultimate attacks, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where Wagers and Techs wouldn’t show up in the battle commands list
- Fixed an issue where the one counterattack type of guarding would only have a 50% chance to reflect damage, thus not working as intended
- Fixed an issue where a custom enemy sprite was still at half size, although I intended to fix it earlier… …this means a resize was done so the enemy is properly scaled (maybe there will be ‘mini’ versions of this enemy, as a result of realizing the mistake…?)
- Fixed an issue where a boss enemy would stand still, take all the damage, and yet not do anything. Added an attack pattern, for debug purposes.
- Reapplied temporary fixes to issues, in a new way that should hopefully patch out any of the visual glitches
- Trying to figure out why the menu sounds are very quiet
- Keeping an eye on performance while recording gameplay
The game’s still in development, meaning anything could change about it, so these are the updates for now about the game.
I’d like to show some screenshots of gameplay, soon.
Anyway, thanks for reading this update even though it was later than intended.